Our supporters are a part of the BulliesOut community who share our vision of ensuring that no-one in the UK should be affected by bullying.
Your generosity means that we can help many more individuals and families, schools and those in the workplace who need us. That’s why we are also committed to treating you with the highest respect and we will do all we can to earn and retain your trust. We value each individual who supports us and we never take that support for granted.
This Supporter Promise sets out our commitment to you – our supporters.
1. When you make a donation to BulliesOut, we promise to:
- Administer your donation efficiently, putting your gift to work as soon as possible
- Where appropriate, maximise your donation through Gift Aid
- Use your donation wisely and responsibly and if you would like to allocate your donation to a particular area of our work, respect your wishes
- Acknowledge your donation by post or email unless you have requested otherwise
2. We recognise and respect each supporter, maintaining confidentiality at all times regarding your personal details and data:
- We respect the rights and privacy of all supporters and service users who come to us for help and support
- We ensure your personal details and donations are kept secure and comply fully with all relevant regulations including the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003, Telephone Preference Service and the Fundraising Preference Service
- We will keep your personal data secure and only use it to update you about our work or to respond to requests from you
- We might process your data for analysis and research to ensure that we can send you relevant information about our work and appeals and to fundraise cost-effectively by better understanding who supports us, how and why
- We will never sell or share your data with external third parties for their own marketing purposes.
- We aim to provide great supporter care and strive to exceed expectation.
3. We seek to keep you updated about our news and the positive impact your support is making by communicating with you in ways you prefer:
- We will communicate with you to keep you updated on how your support is helping and share stories that demonstrate how you’re helping transform the lives of people in need
- We will only communicate with you in the ways you want us to when you tell us your preferred contact method. If you contact us about a change in your preferences, or how frequently you want to hear from us, we will make those changes as quickly as possible
- We will not put you under pressure to make a donation and if you do not want to give again or stop being a supporter, we will respect your wishes and act on them
- We will listen to any suggestions you may have and take account of these in developing our resources, communications and fundraising activities
4. When you contact us by phone, e-mail or letter we promise to:
- Respond to your inquiries in an open, honest, courteous and professional way
- Provide a response to your questions as quickly as possible, or if we cannot, let you know when you can expect a response
- Treat all complaints seriously, investigate them fully and report back to you with a solution
- Welcome and encourage feedback from you to improve our work