Upgrade to Chrome Upgrade to Firefox Upgrade to Internet Explorer Upgrade to Safari

Get Involved

A Payroll Giving scheme is an easy, tax-efficient way of donating through your salary

Payroll Giving, also known as Give As You Earn, is an easy, and tax effective way to make a regular donations, so it costs you less to give more.

It enables you to give to BulliesOut straight from your gross salary (before tax is deducted) giving immediate tax relief on your donations.

Anyone whose pay is taxed through PAYE can donate through Payroll Giving.

Basic Rate Tax Payers

If you pay the basic tax rate, for every £1 that you earn, 20p is paid in tax. If you pledge £10 a month, we receive the full amount but only £8 will be deducted from your net pay.

Higher Rate Tax Payer

If you pay income tax at the higher rate of 40%, and pledge £10 a month, only £6 would be deducted from your net pay, and at the super rate of 50%, only £5 would be deducted.

It is more efficient for higher rate taxpayers to donate through Payroll Giving than Gift Aid as charities are unable to claim back tax above the basic rate through the Gift Aid scheme.

The Income Tax applicable to the donation is paid to BulliesOut instead of the Inland Revenue.

Example of Pledges and Costs

Employee Pledge                                                         Cost to standard rate
taxpayer (20%)                                                                        
Cost to higher rate
taxpayer (40%)                                           
Cost to super rate
taxpayer (50%)                                    
£5 per month £4 £3 £2
£10 per month£8£6£5
£15 per month£12£9£7.50

How your Payroll Gift will help us

Over 52% of children and young people are affected by bullying behaviour and one in three adults report being bullied at work. We’re here to provide help and  support and with every payday gift you give, you can help make this vital work possible.

Knowing that we’ll receive a regular gift from you means that we can plan ahead more effectively, to help people struggling with bullying behaviour.

Make a Donation

Download and complete our Payroll Giving Form and pass it to your HR or Payroll department. They will arrange your donation through your salary for you. If they’re not able to do this, they can download our Payroll Guide.

If your circumstances change and you no longer wish to donate simply tell your employer. If you change your job, your donations will not be transferred to your new employer, you will need to start a new Payroll Giving scheme.

Payroll Giving for Employers

Payroll giving is a great way to engage employees and boost your employee benefits package. It’s also an excellent addition to your corporate social responsibility (CSR) programme, enabling employees to more easily engage in charity giving.

Payroll giving is easy to set up and run, and there are few costs.

How Payroll Giving works

  • Register with a payroll giving agency – they send your employees’ charitable donations to their nominated charities

  • Promote your payroll giving scheme to staff. We can come along and help with this or you can arrange a visit from a Professional Fundraising Organisation (PFO)

  • Deduct employees’ donations from their salary using your normal payroll software

  • Send the employees’ names and donation amounts to your agency every pay run (normally monthly)

  • BulliesOut and any other nominated charities receive your employees’ donations from your agency

By making a donation to our charity, whatever the size, you’ll be helping to ensure people affected by bullying behaviour receive the help and support they need and that we can continue our important work in schools and the workplace.

Return to Website

Need to talk?

If you are being bullied or are concerned about someone who is, you can receive help and support from one of our trained Mentors through our e-mentoring service.

If you would like a Mentor to email you, please contact: mentorsonline@bulliesout.com

If you would rather speak to someone over the telephone, you can call Childline on: 0800 1111

For any community-related issues, such as anti-social behaviour, we would suggest contacting your landlord, the local police or your local environmental health department (where applicable), as we are unable to deal with these types of complaints.